A Bad Case of the Lazies!

I have to admit, this weekend has been nice! On Saturday my daughter had a mid-day soccer game. On our way home we picked up lunch from Rosa's Cafe - delicious! Afterwards, the two of us hung out at home: some computer time, satisfying our munchies, and watched the crowning of Miss America. (The hubby was called into work.)

Today, we actually had zero soccer games. A typical Sunday afternoon/night for us is usually spent at an indoor soccer arena. My husband and I play on three, yes 3!, co-ed soccer teams. However, today we somehow lucked out without a single game. Ahh! The comfort of my Snuggie, my laptop, and my reclining spot on the couch!

But don't worry, I did manage to get a run in today! So I haven't been completely lazy! I met one of my running buddies at the gym and ran 5 miles on the treadmill. It was WAY too cold to run outside!!! Can you believe my half-marathon is only 4 weeks away!??! Woohoo!

Well, all good things must come to an end. This is going to be a super busy week! I have the book fair going on at school all week; going to the Rodeo with the family on Tuesday night; playing in two soccer games on Wednesday night; working the book fair for Family Night at school on Thursday night; playing in a soccer game on Friday night; taking a certification exam on Saturday morning; watching my daughter play a soccer game; playing in a soccer game on Saturday night; and playing in two games on Sunday. WoW! Makes me tired before I even start the week! I guess you could say this weekend was "the calm before the storm." Is it storming in your life right now?

Hopefully there will be a rainbow at the end of the storm! But no matter what, I certainly have a pot of gold: my family!

Comments

  1. Glad you had a nice weekend. we do b-ball games, but during the week. No weekend games. My daughter plays for her middle school. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With THREE soccer teams and a training for a half-marathon , I think you are MORE than entitled to a night of the 'lazies'!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the Resort Approach

Suggestions NEEDED!

Summertime, Summertime, Sum-Sum-Summertiiiimmmeeee!