Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Around 5:45 this morning, we received the call, "No school today due to inclement weather." Woot, Woot! So after my husband went off to work (Yes, the poor guy has to go in no matter what.), I went back to sleep. Aww! Sleeeping late on a "work" day ~ bliss!

The rest of my day was spent enjoying time with my daughter. We bundled up and braved the cold. Oh what fun, it is to ride a one horse open sleigh giant exercise ball!
Most people go down a snowy hill on a sleigh, sled, or even trash-can lid. Not this family! We rolled down the hill on a giant exercise ball. Oh what fun! I also found out the hard way that punting a giant ball while standing in the snowy driveway = UpSiDe DoWn!!! That's right my feet went over my head!

After dinner tonight, we made some DeLiCiOuS cookies! I had a roll of sugar cookie dough; I split it in half so that we could each make our own cookie creation. Kailey added peanut butter and sprinkles to her dough. I added chocolate chips, coconut, and chopped pecans to my half. We each ended up with cookies to match our individual tastes! So easy, so YUMMY!

And the best part of it all, we get to do it again tomorrow. That's right, no school on Friday either! Maybe I can get some projects or fun little crafties done!

Comments

  1. Look like you guys got lots of that WHITE stuff...it's on it's way here today! Hope you have a FUN weekend:)

    Thanks,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, thanks for visiting my blog! We so enjoyed our day off, but the snow melted almost as quickly as it came. Almost 8 inches and gone by noon the next day! Oh well, we got the day off which was so unexpected. Happy blogging and I am going to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, so nice to meet you. I’m Yoli, a fellow “Texas Blogging Gal”. I made it my goal to visit each member’s Blog. I don’t want to just “drive-thru” to meet a quota, but instead to share the gift of friendship that God gives us all. I’m excited to read your inspirational stories and see your creative works. You are always welcomed at my Apron Senorita Blog.

    April, you are the kind of school teachers/librarians that my kids needs at school; energetic and outgoing. I do have to admit I'm on of the people that run on indoors. I am missing out by not running outdoors because we have lots of deer in the area. Hope you have a good Valentine's Day!

    God Bless You!
    Yoli
    http://apronsenorita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I found you on Texas Blogging Gals site, and came by to say hello and follow you. I am a fellow Texas blogger, so stop by my address www.lonestarlifer.wordpress.com and say howdy.

    LoneStarLifer
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the Resort Approach

Suggestions NEEDED!