"Cel.e.brate Good Times, Come On!"

Please join me as I celebrate the completion of my FIRST half-marathon! Today was my big race: the Cowtown Half-Marathon! {Read more about my running journeys along the way here.}

I achieved my goals that I set out to accomplish: 1) finish the race and 2) run the entire 13.1 miles. And ...

I did it! I ran jogged the entire 13.1 miles and finished the race! Woohoo!!! My unofficial time as I crossed the finish line was 2 hours and 37 minutes. I'm told that I can probably knock off at least 10-15 minutes to allow for delay in actual start time. I'll hopefully find out soon what my actual time was; although, I really am just proud to say I finished!
{That's me in the light blue jacket. I was SO relieved when I saw my hubby & daughter! My daughter jumped on the course and finished the last quarter mile with me!}


{After the race with one of my strongest supporters! She's an amazing friend and an incredible woman!}

Comments

  1. I've just known you a short time but I.Am.So.Proud.Of.You.!!!!!
    I can't imagine running/jogging for over 2 hrs!! That is major!!
    You Rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-Hoo! So impressed that you did some running. I'm doing good to go up our stairs more than once a day.

    Hello. Fellow Texas Blogging Gal member here to let you know about a giveaway of my Snail Mail Notes. Notecards include Texas themes. You can see giveaway details at http://lonestarlifer.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/snail-mail-notes-giveaway/ and see my notes at www.snailmailnotes.com.

    LoneStarLifer
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the Resort Approach

Suggestions NEEDED!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!