Creature of Habit Explores New Shell!

Are you a creature of habit? I certainly am, especially when it comes to cooking dinner. {Of course, I'm more in the habit of picking up dinner!} When I do cook dinner, I typically cook the same meals or at least use similar ingredients in most of my recipes. Rotel and Cream of Chicken soup are staples in my pantry! =)

Well tonight, I crawled out of my shell and tried something new. As my husband and daughter were headed out the door for soccer practice {Yes, my husband's awesome like that! He'll take Kailey to practice so that I can get things done at home.}, my daughter says "Mom, can you make spaghetti for dinner?" Now, spaghetti is one of my daughter's FAVORITE foods; however, it is NOT anywhere near my list of favorites. But remember, this is a time when I was feeling bold and was willing to experiment.

So, I called my parents and invited them over for dinner to test out my experiment. I just wouldn't be satisfied with feedback from my husband and daugher alone, I would need someone a little more critical. That taste-tester would be my father. He LoVes to cook, so I knew he'd give me his real opinion.

Here's the menu:
Stuffed Manicotti: I sauteed garlic, mushrooms, and onions. Then added boneless, skinless chicken tenders and seasoned it all with some crushed red peppers. {I LoVe anything and everything spicy!} While the chicken was cooking, I cooked the manicotti noodles. After draining the noodles, I stuffed each manicotti noodle with a spoonful of cottage cheese and a cooked chicken tender. Using just a bit of some spaghetti sauce I lined my casserole dish to prevent the noodles from sticking. Then placed the stuffed manicotti in, covered them with the remaining sauce and the remaining mushrooms and onion. I topped it off with some feta cheese crumbs.

Salad: Mixed spinach and greens, tomatoes, bell peppers (red, yellow, & orange), jalepenos, onions, feta cheese, and a Greek dressing

Bread: crescent rolls

It turned out deeeee-lish!!! We all LoVed it, including my biggest food critic. Guess I can add it into my mix of usual meals that I always fall back on when cooking dinner! As for my daughter's request, it's not spaghetti but it was pasta with an Italian theme. AND she inhaled it all the same!

Have you crawled out of your shell lately? You should, there's sunshine out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the Resort Approach

Suggestions NEEDED!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!